cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Mark II Weird vertical lines

ashleynicole16
Apprentice

I'm hoping someone can help me! I just received my 6d mark ii for Christmas in 2019. I went out for a shoot last week and noticed these dark black vertical lines in all my images. I changed memory cards thinking it was a bad card, but it kept happening! I turned the camera off and on, took out the battery, everything! Finally I changed it to video then back to camera and the lines were gone. Until I went to use it again a few days ago and the lines are on all my images again. HELP! I've attached a close up of one of the images where you can see all the linesIMG_1269.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

Tim
Authority

ashleynicole16, 

We're sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with the EOS 6D Mark II.  We recommend setting up a service ticket for this item at your earliest convenience at www.usa.canon.com/repair.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

If you are still within your return window, exchange it with the merchant.

If not, Canon will fix it for you free as long as it hasn't been abused, dropped, etc.

Don't be discouraged.  I love mine.  One or the other will make it right and you'l be good to go. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ashleynicole16

Do contact Canon support, but be prepared to answer several questions.  Which Canon lens are you using?  Have you tried resetting your camera back to factory defaults?  Are you shooting RAW, JPG, or both?  Are you viewing these lines in the camera, on your computer, or both?

You may also wish to become more familiar with the menu settings that enhance the image quality.  If you are shooting JPG, it would be best to disable all of the image correction and enhancement settings.  Canon may be able to walk you through the steps on the phone.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Reset to factory before you do anything else. Unexplained actions can be easily corrected that way.  Menu, tools, clear all settings and all custom settings.  When you call Canon they will make you do it anyway.   1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes, does this show up in JPEGs? Is the above from DPP?

I seem to recall that some raw processors had problems with the dual pixels and showed them in images.

Peter
Authority
Authority
"Weird stripes on 5D mark II raw" is what you should search for. Send it to Canon after that.

xlnyc
Contributor

I also have these weird lines, I did a factory reset, did a firmware update, cleaned the sensor, swapped out lenses and the problem still persists

Here's a link to the video containing the same problems https://drive.google.com/file/d/10OMYJfkeRxm0xU7i7fG3t_Nh_hFhrQpP/view?usp=sharing

it's a EOS Canon 2000D aka a T7
I belonged to a family member now deceased. Even if I never get it working I will still hold on to it for sentimental reasons but it would be nice. I have a Rebel SL1 and would like a backup

Please if the original poster has an answer let me know. is it worth sending in for repair if they decide to keep it and send me a refurbished one I might not risk sending it for sentimental reasons. But I also have no receipt because of the situation

The last picture is a portrait making the lines horizontal 

IMG_0088.JPGIMG_0076.JPGIMG_0087.JPG

" I did a factory reset, did a firmware update, cleaned the sensor, swapped out lenses and the problem still persists"

The only thing you did that might have helped was the reset.  FW update was a bad, a really bad, idea.  Unless you know exactly how, cleaning the sensor isn't a good solution. Not likely the lens either.

Most likely a failing sensor.

I don't know, but I doubt, a T7 is a good candidate for a new sensor but the only way to know for sure is to call Canon.

1 (800) 652-2666 they will guide you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@xlnyc wrote:

I also have these weird lines, I did a factory reset, did a firmware update, cleaned the sensor, swapped out lenses and the problem still persists

Here's a link to the video containing the same problems https://drive.google.com/file/d/10OMYJfkeRxm0xU7i7fG3t_Nh_hFhrQpP/view?usp=sharing

it's a EOS Canon 2000D aka a T7
I belonged to a family member now deceased. Even if I never get it working I will still hold on to it for sentimental reasons but it would be nice. I have a Rebel SL1 and would like a backup

Please if the original poster has an answer let me know. is it worth sending in for repair if they decide to keep it and send me a refurbished one I might not risk sending it for sentimental reasons. But I also have no receipt because of the situation

The last picture is a portrait making the lines horizontal 

IMG_0087.JPG

Is the above image the entire photo?  Has it been cropped?  Is it a screenshot?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements