cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Mark II Doesn't Want to Turn On

shasta
Contributor

My 6D has not been wanting to turn on. I replace the battery and card several times and it will finally turn on after a few times. Has anyone else had this issue?

12 REPLIES 12

I have the LP-E6 series battery and the camera turned on without the lens or SD card in it. Then I turned it off and back on again and it would not power up. This is the issue I have been having.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I think it is time to consider calling Canon Tech Support at 1-800-OK-CANON.  They can help you further and if necessary set up the process to have the camera serviced.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

In addition to the great advice above, and after removing card, lens, etc.  Please perform a factory reset on the camera.  Do both the camera and custom (C) menus reset.  Then retest. 

We also need to ask if the camera's power switch is loose or faulty?..  and have you upgraded the camera's firmware by chance?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements