cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV SD card images not showing up when connecting to computer with USB

SaraBjork
Apprentice

Hope to get your help on this:

I recently discovered that no images on my SD cards appear in either Lightroom or Image Capture when I connect my Canon Mark IV with USB to my Macbook Pro 16 (2021, Monterey). The camera unit is visible in both programs, but I get the message "no images found". 

I have tried with several cables and SD cards, so they are not the problem. 

I have never connected my camera to this Mac before, but have connected it several times successfully before with my older MacBooks (last time a few years ago).

I really want this to work since I am planning on selling my camera. 

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, SaraBjork!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using as we have two cameras with the "Mark IV" designation, namely the EOS 5D Mark IV and the EOS-1D Mark IV. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

SaraBjork
Apprentice

Sure, it's a the EOS 5D Mark IV

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Does your MacBook have a built-in card reader? If so, that's the easiest and most robust method of importing photos.  You can also purchase a card reader if you don't have a built-in one.  Be sure though that's it cable would be using the type of USB your MacBook would have.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks for asking. Yes it has and it works fine. I would used that myself, but since I am planning on selling the camera I want to make there are no flaws with the camera. Hopefully my problem is just a software problem and not related to the camera itself. Though, would be great to understand why it doesn't work.

Agreed that it's most likely a software or operating system issue.  It could be that your current macOS system preferences/settings regaring privacy & security are preventing the camera from showing up as a mounted device.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements