cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 20D pinhole camera

Motdarnoc
Apprentice

I have a pinhole (non) lens made from my 20D body cap. Given that the f stop is about 240 the image is very dark in the viewer. My question is: Is there a newer body with a larger digital viewer that will accept this body cap? The 20D has the efs lens mount.
Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Well... considering the pinhole is assumedly just a tiny hole in a body cap, and has no optics, I don't see why you could not put it on a FF DSLR body - the same body cap fits on all DSLR cameras. 

Alternatively, could put it on the EF- RF Canon adapter and get any of the Full-frame R-series bodies.   So that would be the R, RP, R3, R5 and R6 at this stage.  There are other APS-C R-series cameras out there now: the R7 and R10, but they would have the same sensor as your 20D, so no real benefit there.

You might want to see if you can try this solution out first if you want to buy one.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Any EF body cap can fit onto any EF body.  Body caps are cheap.  Make another with a slightly larger pinhole.  Be sure that you have sufficient light for conventional photography, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements