cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 2000D - LCD not working, can't access menu

Akira_the_Bear
Apprentice

Hello everyone! I have a problem with my EOS 2000D camera. The LCD monitor is not working properly, I can't access the menu anymore and the camera is stuck in viewfinder mode. The camera itself does take pictures only with the viewfinder, but the live view shooting mode (the one I am used to) doesn't work and because I don't have access to the menu I can't switch between them. However the LCD monitor has this problem only when I want to take pictures of any kind, it still works when I try to record in camera mode. It also works if I get the memory card out, it does display the message of the card missing. Sometimes the LCD monitor works briefly when the Card slot/Battery compartment cover is not closed properly, it displays the characteristics of the mode the camera is set in (Landscape, Portrait etc.) and then the screen goes black again. Even in this situations when the screen is technically somewhat working I can't access the menu. I've tried pressing the display button to see if it showed up and it didn't work. I've removed the lens, the memory card and the battery and this didn't work either. I tried using another memory card and I still got no result. Because of this problem I can't see any of the pictures I take until I download them. I decided to get the camera back to it's factory settings but I can't do that because the menu won't show up in any way. I don't know what happened with the camera, if it is a combination of buttons that pressed while I had it in my backpack or if it's a setting I don't know about, but if you can help me I'd be very thankful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Sounds like a main board fault. Whether that is a cost efficient repair will require a call to Canon if it is still in service life. 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Sounds like a main board fault. Whether that is a cost efficient repair will require a call to Canon if it is still in service life. 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you!

Announcements