cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1D X mark II custom shooting functions won't show

arlyn
Apprentice

Just got my EOS 1D X mark II. The custom shooting functions C2 & C3 won't show (C1 registers and shows just fine). This is my 3rd EOS camera and I've been able to get all the others to show C2 & C3 just by moving the dial after pressing the mode button. On this one it doesn't show C2 or C3, just C1. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Go to the fifth menu tab (orange camera) and then choose restrict shooting modes (third "dot" level in the fifth tab) and make sure that C1, C2, and C3 are all checked.

I just check C1 on my 1DX series bodies because of the way I shoot sports; I like having the primary field setting with wide open aperture and fast shutter speed and then C1 contains a narrower aperture/slower shutter speed setting for use during post score celebrations.  I have the top mfn button assigned to toggle between these two modes.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Go to the fifth menu tab (orange camera) and then choose restrict shooting modes (third "dot" level in the fifth tab) and make sure that C1, C2, and C3 are all checked.

I just check C1 on my 1DX series bodies because of the way I shoot sports; I like having the primary field setting with wide open aperture and fast shutter speed and then C1 contains a narrower aperture/slower shutter speed setting for use during post score celebrations.  I have the top mfn button assigned to toggle between these two modes.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

arlyn
Apprentice

That did it, thanks so much!

You are welcome!

Rodger

Announcements