cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1100D Memory Card & Auto Shut-Off Issues

Steve_Banton
Apprentice

Hi, I am using the magic lantern software to run my EOS1100D as a webcam, I tried taking the memory card out but it then shows on the preview screen that no card is inserted. The 1 minute shut off also didnt work for me. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

This thread is about the EOS Webcam Utility, which you are not using. I suggest that you visit a Magic Lantern forum. Good Luck.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Steve,

Hope you understand why we both suggest the ML community. Your modified EOS1100D is no longer "Canon". Any function or operation that Canon intended is now gone. Sort of like asking Porsche to support the car you put a Volkswagen engine in. Looks like a Porsche, but thats not what's inside. I've not used the software myself, but remember reading about it in 2009-2010 when its development started. I never had the guts to flash it onto a working body.

They have a community like Canon. Thats your best option.

Magic Lantern Forum - Index

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements