cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1000D Unable to clear all camera Setting

bhavinpv
Apprentice

Using EOs 1000d for my office use. I am unable to clear camera settings, it keep on showing buzy error.

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sorry to hear you are having issues.  Sounds like a bad SD card, to me.

Turn off the camera.  Remove the SD card because it is probably bad.  Remove any lenses or battery grips, too.  Turn the top dial to “P” shooting mode.  Turn on the camera without and SD card installed, lens, or any accessories.  

All we want is the bare bare bones camera.  Try turning it back on.  Hopefully, you menu will work and you can restore factory default settings.  

Your SD card may be old and needs replacing.  If a computer cannot read it, then it is certainly bad.  Replace with a major name brand card purchased from a reputable vendor.  Make sure that you only use full size cards, not the micro-SD cards that need a plastic adapter.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for your reply. I tried everything to clear the data as you told. I detach lens, removed card and tried. But the same 'busy' message is showing. Not only that, previously  I was able to do one single click without card inserted. Now its not working. Previously the burst image count value was 9 (in view finder), not it is 0. 

I dont know what's wrong with this. The camera is working perfectly only if I insert memory card. But unfortunately the card is not allowed in my office, as I'm connecting directly to pc through usb to take picture. If any one can help me please.  

IMG_20221103_120722.jpg

IMG_20221103_120647.jpg

 Here in this picture you can see the remaining image count value is zero (0). But in my all other working camera the value is 9( through view finder), and no value in bracket (lcd display)

If you are attempting to take photos and save them to a computer, then that complicates things.  Remote shooting changes everything about my understanding of your issue.  

What software application are you running on the computer for Remote Shooting?  If you do not have a memory card in the camera, then the buffer probably should read “0”.  

If the camera has no storage capacity, then how is it going to buffer and store images?  I am getting the impression that everything functions as it should, except the buffer display is empty.

bhavinpv
Apprentice

Thank you for your reply. 

Actually I am working in embassy, and we need to capture lots of images of applicants. Due to the security reason we are restricted to use memory card, however we have a dedicated software to capture without memory card. We have morethan 20 cameras in this model. 3 of them are not working due to this issue. In that all three camera, the buffer count shows zero as I previously showed. But rest of the camera  the value is 9. Please find the attachament of Working camera's picture and see the difference. 

IMG_20221106_000944.jpg

IMG_20221106_001006.jpg

Help me to find out the solution for this. I approached all nearest local service center but they are helpless.. so please help me 

I have suggested that you restore factory defaults in the camera, which was your initial question.  You have made no mention of it.  Have you tried to do it?

Are all of the cameras the same model?  The 1000D is fairly old model, which is arguably obsolete.  I believe Canon stopped supporting it many years ago.

If the cameras that show a buffer count of zero are all different from the rest of the cameras, then I would not be concerned about it, provided the cameras are recording as you need.

Announcements