cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Videos from EOS Rebel T7 to Samsung Devices

tzegray
Contributor

My Canon rebel t7 takes the video fine but when I try to download it my Samsung tablet or phone it fails. Is this a Samsung issue and/or is there a work around?

10 REPLIES 10

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

What is your method for downloading?  Does you tablet have a USB or SD card slot?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

WiFi 5g local cable co

Yes, but does it have a USB or SD card slot????

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

No..it's an android tablet...pure WiFi

Pity.  I had a simple work-around for you if that was the case.  I will let others who use Wi-Fi work on this for you.

cheers, TREVOR

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello tsegary. If you are using the Canon Camera Connect app on your tablet, MOV files from EOS cameras cannot be saved, which is what your EOS Rebel T7 shoots.

Is it a Samsung issue or poor development by Canon? Is there any possible work around?

tzegray,

As John_Q said, the Canon T7 uses the MOV file format for its videos.There probability are  compatibility issues with your Samsung Android Tablet. You will probably need to convert that MOV file to an MP4 file first. Here's a source for reading up on that:

https://www.leawo.org/entips/how-to-open-mov-files-on-samsung-galaxy-phone-tablet-1395.html

I do not know if there are video file converter apps on the Google Play Store, or Samsung's Galaxy store. You'll have to look. You may have to use a computer first. I just don't know.

If you want to start using a USB cable to connect your tablet to your camera, you'll need an OTG (on the go) cable to connect your Android device to the USB cable, and an IFC-600PCU interface cable to connect the USB cable to the USB port on your camera. The OTG cable plugs into the charging port on your tablet.

I got the OTG cable off Amazon, and the IFC-600PCU cable from Canon.

Steve Thomas

This is horrific development by Canon. It is unbelievable that movies would be shot in a format that is not compatible with android phones.

Announcements