cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLR recommendations for Twitch streaming

adkins5
Apprentice

Hi ya I’m new to cameras spec I’m a YouTube and twitch gamer so I’m after a camera for video rather than pics so I’m bed bound from car accident long time ago so have carers and need monitoring so I’m gunna mount a it 12 ft aw Away so don’t get knocked over and cables so I’ve been told autofocus a must on video for me plus clean hdmi wifi and Bluetooth and will use a dummy battery and option be able to have option of me using mic either elgato external usb that goes to my pc or my Astro a40 headset that is wired to pc i was recommended a canon 2000d but canon said not ideal autofocus not good on video they recommended a 90D any advice plse I don’t want camera that not gunna do these options and can’t use

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I don't do web streaming but if I wanted to start I think I would look at a true video or webcam camera and not a DSLR.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The world has changed a lot lately, Ernie. Several of our cameras are very specifically marketed toward streamers. 😉

Stephen

Hey there!

Here in the US we have several Content Creator Kits that are made very specifically for streaming. They vary in their features and price, but at their core, they all excel at allowing creators to focus on what they love to do - create!

Based on some of your word choices, I'm guessing you're not in the US, so your country may not have these exact kits, but they're a great starting point, so you know what to look for! 

You'll find the Content Creator Kits on the Canon USA site at https://canon.us/creatorkits 

I sincerely hope this helps! 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Stephen, like I said I don't do streaming so I am not any sort of a source for info about it but my reply was to the notion the OP had to a 90D. For all I know perhaps a 90D would do the job it just seems to me like a true webcam would be a more logical choice. I imagine the new R series models would have no problem with it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements