cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycling thru R5 Shooting Info Displays

DaBrownCO
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I have camera tab 7 Screen Info displays to cycle through 4 screens. It only is cycling through 3 screens as I keep pushing the Info button. And these screens don’t correctly provide the Info I selected for each screen. Any ideas?

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaBrownCO
Frequent Contributor

Okay, Gwen from Canon support resolved the issue for me. I had turned off Exposure Simulation so that was the culprit. It was interesting to learn that the electronic level and histogram don't show up when AF is in face-tracking or eye-tracking either.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

BurnUnit
Reputable Contributor

Try changing the setting of the camera's mode dial. I think you'll find that different shooting modes will enable different menus that apply to that specific shooting mode.

DaBrownCO
Frequent Contributor

That doesn’t seem to solve the issue. I was also wondering if that was the case. A dumb question, but is the correct way to view the different screens to just keep hitting the Info button?

BurnUnit
Reputable Contributor

Your first post was a bit vague and I may be confusing the MENU screens with the INFO screens. Which feature do you think you're having an issue with?

If you haven't already done so, you should download a copy of the Advanced User Guide.

https://cam.start.canon/en/C003/manual/c003.pdf

It looks like there is a menu that allows you to customize what items appear on the INFO screens. More detailed information starts on around page #132.

DaBrownCO
Frequent Contributor

Sorry for being unclear in my first post. The issue I'm having is with the INFO screens, both on the screen and in the viewfinder. I do have the Advanced User Guide and was following that when customizing my screens. There is an ability to reset the screen views to default so I am going to try that.

DaBrownCO
Frequent Contributor

It seems that it's the Histogram that is missing in some of the views. 

DaBrownCO
Frequent Contributor

Okay, Gwen from Canon support resolved the issue for me. I had turned off Exposure Simulation so that was the culprit. It was interesting to learn that the electronic level and histogram don't show up when AF is in face-tracking or eye-tracking either.

BurnUnit
Reputable Contributor

Thanks for reporting back here with the fix. That's a couple bits of quirky behavior that you might have never stumbled upon on your own.

DaBrownCO
Frequent Contributor

True on the quirky behavior although I do vaguely remember having the same issue with the histogram missing on my 6D many years ago.