cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to a Surface Pro with an EOS Digital Rebel XT

wbb
Apprentice

I am trying to connect my camera to my Surface Pro (Windows 11) and am getting an error message that the 'Driver is Unavailable'. There are no drivers on the Support link - only software. I have the camera set on PC connection. Any suggestions on how to make this work, if it can, would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@wbb wrote:

I am trying to connect my camera to my Surface Pro (Windows 11) and am getting an error message that the 'Driver is Unavailable'. There are no drivers on the Support link - only software. I have the camera set on PC connection. Any suggestions on how to make this work, if it can, would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Best bet is to use a card reader. (There are no Canon drivers required for any of their cameras for any OS).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Hard to say.  This camera is 18 yrs old, If your Surface is intel based there might be a solution.

If the Surface is ARM based, I am not sure if a driver exists.  Which do you have?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your message. I have a Surface Pro 7 and it is Intel based.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@wbb wrote:

Best bet is to use a card reader. (There are no Canon drivers required for any of their cameras for any OS).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements