cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon rebel t1i buttons go crazy

Joshwue
Apprentice

the left right buttons are going crazy because I touched when my hands are wet, not salt water fyi.

Any suggestions, I'm absolutely triggered I need all the help I can get.

#Canon 500D #Rebel T1i #Wet

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Turn off power, remove battery. Wipe it dry. Let it sit for a day or two and hope it dries out and there was no damage. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

In addition to jrhoffman's suggestion above, you might also leave the battery door and SD card door open to increase air circulation slightly. Make sure you can leave the camera in a relatively clean, dry, dust free area.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

John_SD
Whiz

Your post doesn't make any sense. Try to rewrite it and provide some detail. 

just help me please 

The buttons move on it's own something like that can't explain, should I dry it or what

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Turn off power, remove battery. Wipe it dry. Let it sit for a day or two and hope it dries out and there was no damage. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Stephen

The T100 isn't moisture or water-resistant at all. 

You need to turn it off and remove the battery immediately. Otherwise, the power going through it can cause more damage. Let it try out for a couple of days and try again. If it still acts wonky, then it's probably too late, and the damage is done.

You can, of course, send it in for our team to look at it at that point. The cost for a normal repair on this unit is about $179. If the damage is extensive, it would be $289. You can also replace the camera with a refurbished one for $329.

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

In addition to jrhoffman's suggestion above, you might also leave the battery door and SD card door open to increase air circulation slightly. Make sure you can leave the camera in a relatively clean, dry, dust free area.

Great suggestion!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Additional thought - if you have a dehumidifier set camera in front of discharge air flow to help drying. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements