cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon r6 with cable connection problem

Gilsonmj
Apprentice

Hello friends! I'm Brazilian, and I've contacted technical support here several times, but to no avail. My canon R6 doesn't give any signal when I connect it to the computer. I tried with two cameras of the same model. I can only connect with the 5dIII. I've tried on Mac and Windows with several different cables but without success. Nothing happens when I connect the camera to the computer. Do you know any way to resolve this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Gilsonmj wrote:

Hello friends! I'm Brazilian, and I've contacted technical support here several times, but to no avail. My canon R6 doesn't give any signal when I connect it to the computer. I tried with two cameras of the same model. I can only connect with the 5dIII. I've tried on Mac and Windows with several different cables but without success. Nothing happens when I connect the camera to the computer. Do you know any way to resolve this? Thanks.

Canon USA does not provide technical support outside of the US market, which it serves.  Technical support to other countries is provided through the Canon affiliate for that country.

While I have not used the R6, I have successfully connected the R6 mark II.  I am assume the connection process and issues would be identical.  I was initially unsuccessful in connecting it to my Windows 10 laptop.

The R6 and 5D3 would need different types of cables, and should connect to different types of USB ports.  I believe both cameras use the EOS Utility 3, but I do not see a version of the app available for download from my current non-Windows browser.  I no longer see an option to select an Operating System since the recent web site update.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-5d-mark-iii https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-5d-mark-... 

My initial issues with failing to connect to the R6 mark II were entirely related to the length and quality of the cable I was using, and my choice of USB port on my computer.  I tried a shorter cable and connected directly to the USB-C port on my laptop and everything worked.  

Connecting directly to the USB-C port on my laptop means exactly that.  It will probably not work with a port or cable adapter.  I think you must go USB-C 3.2 to USB-C 3.2 for it to work.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

If Wi-Fi or Bluetooth is ON the USB port is DISABLED and CAN NOT be USED.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Gilsonmj wrote:

Canon USA does not provide technical support outside of the US market, which it serves.  Technical support to other countries is provided through the Canon affiliate for that country.

While I have not used the R6, I have successfully connected the R6 mark II.  I am assume the connection process and issues would be identical.  I was initially unsuccessful in connecting it to my Windows 10 laptop.

The R6 and 5D3 would need different types of cables, and should connect to different types of USB ports.  I believe both cameras use the EOS Utility 3, but I do not see a version of the app available for download from my current non-Windows browser.  I no longer see an option to select an Operating System since the recent web site update.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-5d-mark-iii https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-5d-mark-... 

My initial issues with failing to connect to the R6 mark II were entirely related to the length and quality of the cable I was using, and my choice of USB port on my computer.  I tried a shorter cable and connected directly to the USB-C port on my laptop and everything worked.  

Connecting directly to the USB-C port on my laptop means exactly that.  It will probably not work with a port or cable adapter.  I think you must go USB-C 3.2 to USB-C 3.2 for it to work.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements