cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T7 or T7i?

jburch921
Contributor

Hello I'm thinking of upgrading my Canon t3 to a Canon t7 or t7i.  Which of these two do you think would be a better options for sports action pictures?   Are night game pictures improved with either of these camera choices?

I also have a 300mm lense, will I still be able to use it on either of these cameras? 

I have to tell you, I have taken literally thousands of pictures at sporting events, being the team picture taker and I loved my t3, but I think it's time to upgrade. 

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.  Oh and I'm on a budget, that's why I'm looking at those two Canon options.

Thank you

15 REPLIES 15

Well after everyones input.  I decided to purchase the Canon T8i.  I already made the leap and am very excited to start learning how to use it for my best possible results.  Thank you everyone.

Here's another question.  I also purchased some colored lenses to use just for fun.  Do any of you ever use these and if so in your opinion, what colors have you found to really catch your eye and in what setting?  I purchased Orange, Yellow, Blue, Purple, Red and Grey.

"I purchased Orange, Yellow, Blue, Purple, Red and Grey."

"Do any of you ever use these..."

Never, ever use them.  With post editors like Photoshop, or almost any lesser or even free post editors, they make filters almost obsolete. The possible exception is the ND and polarizer. Even than an experience person using PS can do just about everything those filters can.

I don't consider the protecto filter a real filter in the sense of manipulating the light as it serves another function.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have a canon T6i and am looking to upgrade a little. Have some great lenses that I would like to continue to utilze, 10-18mm, 18-135mm and a 70-200mm f/2.8L. Any suggestions on models to upgrade to Thank You

Since you need to stick with APS-C body to use your EF-S lenses the T8i or  90D would be an appropriate upgrade path. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"Any suggestions on models to upgrade to Thank You"

Almost the same advice as the OP, the T8i is the choice. The 90D is a SUPER upgrade if you consider nothing more than just the more robust build of the camera. Any lens that worked on your T6i will work on a T8i or 90D.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

dodgerblu
Apprentice
Thank You all
Announcements