cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T3i Screen rotation issue

f104pilot
Apprentice

Folks, I wonder if any of you have experienced the following problem on a Canon t3i or other EOS model. 

The rotating display screen works as normal in upright position. However, when I rotate it, only the top part (approx 1/8) of the display lights up and displays the top part of image or controls. Rotating the display back to original position restores a full display. I have tried re-seating all connectors, replacing the display pcb (on back of display), replacing cable (as problem seems to happen when screen flicks over). I even attempting replacing the entire back with a back and display from a 600D and problem moved to new 600D which implies that problem is with the back (not the controller in camera). I am at a loss and apart from trying to replace display (dubious it could be that as it works when display is rotated) i have no idea as to where the problem is.  Any ideas and has anyone seen this before?

3 REPLIES 3

f104pilot
Apprentice

here are a couple of images of problem I have described ...Screen upright - all of screen visibleScreen upright - all of screen visibleScreen rotated - only top visibleScreen rotated - only top visible

Greetings f104pilot,

The issue you've described and provided pictures of is an odd issue. Per your description, you have already troubleshot the issue but the issue remains to where not all of the display is illuminated when the screen is flipped outwards. The next step would be for us to suggest on sending the camera to our facility for repair but the facility unfortunately no longer repairs this model. An alternative option would be to see if you are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program.

The Canon Upgrade Program option allows you to replace your current camera with a new or refurbished Canon camera at a discounted price. If you would like to take part in the Canon Upgrade Program, please call our Sales Department at 1-866-443-8002 from Monday - Saturday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET. Be sure to have your serial number for your camera available at the time of your call.

If there are no other options or advice available, I would opt for replacing my T3I. I love the camera and have had it for a good while. I am UK based. Is there a replacement program available in the United Kingdom ? If so can you provide details?

Announcements