cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon RP EVF Changed! Need help!

csmil06
Apprentice

I need assistance on how to revert my EVF back to a normal view. I was shooting a birthday party in low light with an external speed flash attached. One minute I can see through the view finder clearly the next something happened. How do I change this back? Hopefully it is not the sensor. Just for context I had a brand new 24-70mm lens mirrorless attached, the camera is only one years old. Viewing what I shot on the back screen is fine, it’s only when I place my eye through the viewfinder I see this type of exposure. Help! 

IMG_0723.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Purple display in the EVF?  Thats does not look (good) or correct.

Start by resetting the camera's main and custom settings.  Turn the camera off.  Remove the battery.  turn the camer's power button to on.  Depress and hold the shutter button for 15-20 sec.  Release and turn the power switch to off.  Reinsert a battery.  Power on the camera and test.

Result?

If the display does not return to normal, please tell us if  you are using any 3rd party products or accessories with the camera.  A battery, micro SD card with adapter, external flash that isn't Canon brand, a lens adapter, or 3rd party lenses, etc,  Please describe them in your reply.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Okay thank you, I will follow these steps and check back with hopefully good news!

Just to confirm already, I am using a third party flash-flashpoint speed light TTL ZOOM Li. The battery used is the original canon battery that came with it. The lens is canon 24/70mm. 

Is this the RF 24-70 or the older EF Mount versions of the lens adapted for use on the camera. Also Exposure Simulation is DISABLED when a Canon speedlite is used. Some 3rd party speedlites may not disable it. Does the rear LCD screen also show the problem or just the EVF. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Hi, no it’s not the older version of the 24-70, it’s the newer 24-70 mirrorless lens. Just the EVF is the problem. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Demetrius ,

Thank you for joining.  I believe he mentioned the problem was only in the EVF and not on the LCD.  Definitely interested in hearing others thoughts on this. I'm hoping the reset will help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Shadowsports, I tried your resolution the first time, unfortunately, it didn’t work - but I’m going to try it again. 

Announcements