cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R50: Connection failed. Could not connect to Wi-fi. Check the camera settings.

pminhquydl
Apprentice

Hello,

I bought a Canon R50 camera a week ago. I used it a couple of times, and I was able to transfer images from the camera to my phone using Camera Connect easily.

However, now I can not transfer images anymore. Every time I choose to import an image, the camera turns off after a few seconds, and the app disconnects with the camera. I looked through the internet and tried many ways but they did not work.

I am using a Samsung phone model A72.

Does anyone know how to fix this error properly? 

Do we have other methods to transfer images to the phone easily?

Thank you.

Best,

Quy

z5419018064232_655923e26b000f2383ae873983cc6260.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pminhquydl
Apprentice

Hi,

I tried many ways: reset the wireless settings on the camera, or reinstall the app,... but it did not work.

I tried to connect the camera to the tablet, but it failed to transfer images.

It turns out that I am able to transfer JPG images only. Every time I try to transfer RAW files, the camera turns off and the connection is lost.

So I will choose to take JPG pictures only.

Best,

Quy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Guy,

If the camera turns off, the app would disconnect. That's only logical.

Did you really mean to say that the camera physically turns off, or just that the connections fails?

As far a your second question goes, I transfer photos from my camera to my Samsung tablet all the time using an IFC-600PCU cable that I got from Canon, and OTG (on the go) cable that I got on Amazon that goes from the first cable into the charging port on my tablet. I use an app called Camera Connect and Control to handle the transfer.

Your camera may use a different USB cable than the IFC-600PCU. You'd need to check your manual.

This is a paid app that I got from the Google Play Store.

Steve Thomas.

pminhquydl
Apprentice

Hi,

I tried many ways: reset the wireless settings on the camera, or reinstall the app,... but it did not work.

I tried to connect the camera to the tablet, but it failed to transfer images.

It turns out that I am able to transfer JPG images only. Every time I try to transfer RAW files, the camera turns off and the connection is lost.

So I will choose to take JPG pictures only.

Best,

Quy

Announcements