cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon M50 Mark II Display issues

AlphaWolfGaming
Contributor

I bought this camera for streaming and other recording purposes. unfortunately, it is not working out how i was hoping at this point. I can not figure out the settings to work so that the camera display will not shut off unless i choose. I automatically shuts off at 30 minutes or less depending on what its set at and there is no disable option for it. I've tried everything I can, or have reserached, but can't figure anything out. Is there any possible way to keep this from happening, so that not only can I stream games without this problem, but so i can also be able to record videos elsewhere for longer than 30 minutes. that was the whole point of me buying this to begin with

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you connected to your computer, Wi-Fi, USB, HDMI? Are you using Canon's Webcam Utility? The recording time limit is limited to 30 minutes, there is no way to change that for in camera recording. When live streaming, are you also using the camera to record at the same time?

I have it connected with Elgato Cam Link with hdmi. I use OBS not webcam utility. I was going through webcam utility and first thing i noticed is having to pay for it to benefit, but there isnt many settings i can use to help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you recording in the camera while streaming?

no

Anonymous
Not applicable

What shooting mode is the camera in during streaming? Are you getting any over-heating indication which would limit the streaming time?

Are any power saving settings turned off in the menus?

I'm still insanely new to cameras. How would I know of overheating indications. The camera never seems hot or shows anything on the screen. And as far as the modes, i have tried a few different ones. but all do the same thing. the problem is too, most of the videos and things i have seen for help online is all over 2 years old so its hard to gauge the changes since i havent figured it out still

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would show on the screen if over-heating. I don't have any other suggestions as to why the screen shuts off after 30 minutes during streaming. It will stop recording after 30 minutes, as that is built into the camera. You didn't say whether you have any power saving settings set in the menus.

Never saw anything showing it is overheating. the power saving settings i have viewfinder disabled, auto power off disabled, and display off i have tried all options but there is no disable for that. max is 30 min, which is what is causing the issue. no idea how i can fix that or figure out a setting to counter that. i had figured that if it was seeing movement within the screen that it would keep it on but nope

@AlphaWolfGaming wrote:

Never saw anything showing it is overheating. the power saving settings i have viewfinder disabled, auto power off disabled, and display off i have tried all options but there is no disable for that. max is 30 min, which is what is causing the issue. no idea how i can fix that or figure out a setting to counter that. i had figured that if it was seeing movement within the screen that it would keep it on but nope

Reset those. Menu options and power options back to their factory defaults.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements