cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS R8 Stolen in shipping

David8861
Apprentice

I ordered a canon r8 and was really excited to get it because I was upgrading from a rebel t7 but when FedEx gave me the package it looked normal but the only thing in the box was a rock. I can't find support details on the canon website I need help right now don't know what to do.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This sounds very unnerving. To start, I think you need to call FedEx, report the issue and open a claim. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

To be clear - it was ordered from Canon (or someone else)?

Did the package look opened and resealed?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Stephen

Hi, David.

This is in no way indicative of how orders are processed at Canon USA, so I'd like to apologize and assure you that we will take this very seriously and get to the bottom of how this could have possibly happened.

Your package was sent from our secure Aurora, IL fulfillment center on the 4th at around 5 pm and delivered on Wednesday the 6th, just after noon your time. FedEx also obtained a signature (I can't see the signature because I don't have access to that account). 

I encourage you to contact our Sales Team as soon as possible so that a thorough investigation can be opened. The Sales Team is available Monday through Saturday from 9 am to 9 pm (ET) at 1-800-385-2155. When you call, tell the system you need help placing an order (even though you don't). 

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Your credit card company might offer some help here. Contact them.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

This is unfortunate.  

You need to immediately file a claim with the carrier, as well as inform the seller or retailer through official channels.  If you have not taken photos of the packaging and contents, then do so.  

When I have ordered items from Canon I believe a signature was required when the package was delivered.  Did yours?  If so, did you sign for it or did the driver sign for it and leave it behind?

[EDIT]. I would rule out porch thief.  If they wanted to steal it, why return to the scene of the crime with a resealed box?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements