cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS R50 Corrupts Photos

popesaitu
Apprentice

Good day, i  greatly need your assistance, my Canon R50 after shooting about 300 photos, any photo or video taken after this is corrupt. I thought the memory card was the problem, but i've tried several ans its still the same. This makes my work extremely painful as i use my camera for sports photography.

7 REPLIES 7

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

A little more information would be helpful. Exactly which memory card(s) are you using? Full size or Micro SD with an adapter? Have they been formatted in the camera? Using a Canon battery or third-party version?

I'm using a Samsung Evo plus micro SD with it's adapter and also a lexar 633x micros SD with it's adapter and one was formatted in the camera but both still experienced corrupted images. I used the canon battery. I'll retry again and see

micro SD's are bad JuJu. They fail at the worst times. Try a full size card.

Ok, Thanks for the heads up, i'll get the full size then.

Also be careful to not purchase media cards from Amazon or similar as they often have counterfeit cards.

It would be best to trust well-known brands only from.  Many of Canon's authorized resellers would carry media cards.  e.g. B&H Photo and Adorama to name a couple.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Restore the camera to its defaults and try it with JPEG's.

If the corruption comes back, contact Canon.

There are no updates listed yet, but I suspect there will be one, soon.

Until then, just get multiple cards and shoot about 200 images on a card.

OK I'll give it a try and see. Though I preferred shooting with Raw for editing 

Announcements