cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 80D unable to read SD card

max3506
Apprentice

I get the message 'Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with camera'

I am unable to format the card on the camera. It gives me msg 'Cannot format. Change card'

I have 2 different SanDisk SD card (one is SDHC, one is SDXC. Both were erased and re-formatted on laptop and were able to store files on the card without issue. 

The SD slot on the camera appears to be free of any damage and I even did the Nintendo blow trick as well.

Any advice on next steps?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are both cards full size SD cards or micro SD cards with an adaptor? If an adapter is being used, try a full sized SD card. 

Both full SD cards, sorry I left that out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure the write protect switch on the card is in the proper position.

If you have a third card, try that. If that doesn't work, the camera would need to be serviced.

Yeah, the write protection isnt the problem. Again these all work fine on laptop read/write.

I'll reach out to service/support - as these are well known brand SD cards and brand new.

piyusmagh
Apprentice

When I put the battery in the SD card reader light blinks red? But that’s all she does. Other than that it is completely bricked. I don’t know where else to look.

Announcements