cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 6D Quick Control Dial Broken

brayn
Apprentice

Recently my quick control dial on my Canon 6d has broken off and is gone, and I haven't seen this problem anywhere, can I get a new one for replacement maybe? If anyone has any idea what to do please help, thanks!IMG_3810.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You are missing the set button and quick control dial.  I suggest you register your camera in the MyCanon portal.  Start a repair request.  You will get an estimate for the repair and can determine viability.   

https://myprofile.americas.canon.com/

I would not recommend trying to perform the repair on your own.

Other options:

Canon Parts Dept
Canon Parts Order Desk at (866) 481-2569
Weekdays from 9 AM - 7 PM, ET.

or 

uscamera dot com

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

brayn
Apprentice

I did this and it was around $400, is there any other way that I can fix this? I've worked on computers for years and dirt bikes as well, I would consider myself to be good with small things, is it impossible to do on my own?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Bryan,

A used 6D body in EX+ condition is about $519, so repairing the one you have may not be a great value proposition considering its age.  I don't know how important photography is for you.  If this were me, I might look at this as an upgrade opportunity.  I don't expect others to share these same feelings or they could have other priorities or commitments. 

I can't really tell from your image how bad the damage is.  It really depends.  If you want your camera repaired, working quickly, and have a repair warranty, then Canon is the way to go.  A local camera repair shop might also be an option.  If you feel inclined to take it apart and believe you can fix it, you can try, but we hear from users regularly who thought they could and ended up in a worse position that when they started.  At that point no one wants to touch the camera.  I'm all for DIY, and if I need to fix the roof, install a water heater, repair electrical wiring, plumbing, build or repair a PC/Mac, turn a wrench on my Subaru's...  or anything else my wife decides is my job 🤣, I'll do it, BUT when it comes to a camera or lens...  >>> here you go Canon.  I hope whatever you decide it works out.        

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements