cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 250D (Rebel SL3) overheated and shut down. Now it won´t turn on.

coloramone
Apprentice

Hi everyone!

My Canon EOS 250D (Rebel SL3) overheated, turned off and now it won´t turn on again.

I fully charged the battery and tried turning it on when the camera was cool and nothing happened. I took off the SD card, objectif and battery and put everything back on the next day (I´ve seen some videos saying this might solve the problem), and still doesn´t work. All it does is blink a little red light when I put the battery back on.

I took it to a Canon service store, they tried other batteries and did a quick test and couldn't make it work. They wanted to keep my camera for 10 days for a thorough examination, but since I am here on vacation I do not have that kind of time.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It seems to me that there has to be some way to reboot the camera by pressing some buttons, but there is nothing I could find in the user's manual.

I am very disappointed. It´s a brand-new camera. I bought it 3 months ago.

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Sounds like you already did all the troubleshooting you can.  Since this is a new camera, it should still be under its warranty, so contact Canon to set up having it serviced once you're back from vacation.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Maryrandles
Apprentice

@coloramone wrote:

Hi everyone!

My Canon EOS 250D (Rebel SL3) overheated, turned off and now it won´t turn on again.

I fully charged the battery and tried turning it on when the camera was cool and nothing happened. I took off the SD card, objectif and battery and put everything back on the next day (I´ve seen some videos saying this might solve the problem), and still doesn´t work. All it does is blink a little red light when I put the battery back on.

I took it to a Canon service store, they tried other batteries TellHappyStar.com Survey and did a quick test and couldn't make it work. They wanted to keep my camera for 10 days for a thorough examination, but since I am here on vacation I do not have that kind of time.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It seems to me that there has to be some way to reboot the camera by pressing some buttons, but there is nothing I could find in the user's manual.

I am very disappointed. It´s a brand-new camera. I bought it 3 months ago.

Hello

Reset the camera: Locate the "Reset" or "Initialize" option in the camera's menu settings. Perform a camera reset to restore the default settings. This might help if the issue is due to a software glitch.
Check the battery contacts: Ensure that the battery contacts inside the camera are clean and free from any dirt or debris. Gently clean the contacts with a soft, dry cloth.
Try a different power source: Connect your camera to an AC power adapter if available, bypassing the battery. This can help determine if the issue is related to the battery or the camera itself.
Check the battery door and memory card slot: Make sure the battery door and memory card slot are properly closed and latched. Some cameras have a safety mechanism that prevents power-up if these components are not securely closed.
Contact Canon support: If the above steps don't resolve the issue, reach out to Canon support directly. Explain the situation and inquire if there are any additional troubleshooting steps specific to your camera model. They may be able to provide further guidance or recommend a solution.

Thanks and regards

Maryrandles

Announcements