cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 90D won't connect via WIFI to windows 10 PC

Violetrose
Apprentice

I was working fine before. Now all of a sudden it will not work. Usually I can just turn on the camera, and it starts. I am getting very frustarted. I have turned WIFI and and off in the menu, etc. to try to troubleshoot. It gets to point where  it recognizes my network, then I open up the EOS utility. Then nothing happens. I have been at this all day. I don't have a cord that fits right now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Violetrose
Apprentice

LOL, I just realized my PHONE CHARGER works to connect my camera to my PC! What a big dummy I am, LOL! And much faster too!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

@Violetrose wrote:

I was working fine before. Now all of a sudden it will not work. Usually I can just turn on the camera, and it starts. I am getting very frustarted. I have turned WIFI and and off in the menu, etc. to try to troubleshoot. It gets to point where  it recognizes my network, then I open up the EOS utility. Then nothing happens. I have been at this all day. I don't have a cord that fits right now.

Have you tried looking at this from the other end?  MS puts out Patch Tuesday updates and often when they are installed some networking features are disabled until the system is shut down - you may not even get the shutdown message in some cases.  So in the classic advice of all good IT support for computers: "have you tried turning your PC off and and on again?"

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

yep

Violetrose
Apprentice

LOL, I just realized my PHONE CHARGER works to connect my camera to my PC! What a big dummy I am, LOL! And much faster too!

For what it's worth, if your PC had an SD card, or you invest in an SD card reader, you can download faster and not drain the battery on your camera.  It takes about the same amount of time to connect the SD card to the computer directly.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I have had several SD card readers. They are all broken. Usually when I hand something to my husband, it comes back broken.

I recommend not handing them to him then!!! {:-D

cheers, TREVOR

I have had several SD card readers. They are all broken. Usually when I hand something to my husband, it comes back broken.

Did you by any chance hand your camera to your Husband? Smiley Happy

Announcements