cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80 Video grainy/noisy

aniket80
Contributor

I am trying to shoot a short horror film.

Equipment:

- Canon 80D

- Canon 15-85 mm

- Sigma 30mm 1.4

- Canon 50mm 1.8

- Neewer Shoulder Rig

- LED Lights 55K 

The Camera Settings: ISO-100, Full Manual Mode, f3.5, Autofocus, FrameRate 24fps, Shutter 1/50

The video when imported in Premiere Pro, it's very grainy even though there are ample of lights.

It's not noticeable on the small screen but when seen on 4k Monitor its way too grainy.

What is that I am doing wrong here. I just want to use one light to give the night feeling as its a horror movie.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance

13 REPLIES 13

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

It might help if you could post a link to a short, full resolutuin clip of the affected video. Even a  30 second or 1 minute clip hosted on Youtube or somewhere similar will help in making a diagnosis.

Does the 80D shoot in 4K or 1080HD?

Thanks for your reply, Canon 80D shoots in 1080p. It's just that my Monitor is 4K.

here is a test footage

https://youtu.be/okGU2LNjExA

The page for this link doesn't seem to open fully and the clip can't be played. Do you have the video set for private or public viewing? I may just have a browser or firewall issue on my end. I'm getting the same results with both Firefox and IE11.

It doesn't look 'grainy' (noisy), but it is low res and the lighting is dim.  I'm looking at areas where thould be edges of sharp definition and I'm seeing low-resolution jaggedness.

What video capture resolution are you using?  Did you convert the resolution in Premier Pro?

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

This are the properties of the file:

File Path: /Users/adeshpande/Documents/shot in day.MOV

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 523.73 MB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 23.976

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo Project

Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:00:48:03 Pixel

Aspect Ratio: 1.0

lly3988
Rising Star

Try ISO to auto or over 800 and see how it works out.

aniket80
Contributor
I have not changed the resolution. Shooting on default
Announcements