cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 77D Power & Extension Tube Compatibility Issues

rosalind1347
Apprentice

So in the last month my 77D wich i got 2/22/19 has decided not to turn on at random times. I have to pop the battery out and back in and then it will turn on but its frustrating because i've never dropped it, no water damage... its an 800 dollar camera i waited a long time to get, so ya, i take care of it.

Also recently cleaned the censor off due to dust, and now its having problems with my macro extension tubes and sometimes lenses being removed while its on... which sometimes i have to do to lock in the F stop.

I don't know what to think happened. its BS honestly given it just hit two years recently, but i can't find anything regarding the 77D online hardly so i figured i'd ask here, see what i could find out. thanks

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

How old is the battery?

Did you clean the sensor yourself, or did you send it in to a service center?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I live in a small farming community, i can't afford the trip to Kansas city to get to the service center. this is the only time its had these issues and yes i did clean it myself, i've got the liittle pocket rocket tool and brush so i didn't use any force or products that would cause moisture.

@rosalind1347 wrote:

I live in a small farming community, i can't afford the trip to Kansas city to get to the service center. this is the only time its had these issues and yes i did clean it myself, i've got the liittle pocket rocket tool and brush so i didn't use any force or products that would cause moisture.

Brush?  That does not sound good.  They sell moistened swabs to clean an image sensor.  Cut to specific sizes.

But, a dirty sensor should not spot the camera from turning on.  If you remove the memory card and lens, and it still does not turn on, then you KNOW that you have an issue with the camera.

Make sure that the door to the memory card slot and battery compartment are securely closed.  If you have a battery grip, remove it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

PicThis
Apprentice

I too am experiencing this issue. It's a hit or miss and it appears to be getting progressively worse. I have try cleaning the lens sensors, replaced the battery, and removed and reinserted the memory card. It would be nice to know exactly what is causing this issue so I can troubleshoot while using the camera. One frustrating thing is that there is not too much direction or guidance from a reliable source as to what is causing this problem.

Announcements