cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 77D Broken?

cardellio64
Apprentice

Hello, I've had my Canon 77D for a year now with no problems. I haven't split anything on it or anything of the sorts, it is still in good condition.

I've been having a problem where the dial to change modes is not working at all. It is currently stuck in "Video" mode and will not let me take pictures. The only thing I am able to do is record a video at the currenty settings. When I slide it to photo mode it remains in video mode. When I try to change the ISO or shutter speed nothing happens. When I try to turn my camera off it remains on despite it being on "OFF". 

I've tried taking the batteries out which is the only way to turn off the camera, and putting the batteries back in days later, but the problem still occurs. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Removing the battery for a "few days" isn't anywhere near enough to reset the camera. It will take much longer. You need to call Canon support.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Very simple.  Reset the camera to factory defaults and retest.

If this does not help (and I'm not really hopeful it will) based on your description, you need to have the camera serviced or repaired. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair  

*Ernie beat me to it.. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

cardellio64
Apprentice

Update: Had the battery out for over 4 months, still no fix. Sad. 

Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements