cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D mark II battery life

boldie
Apprentice

Hi guys! I have a quick question and I hope you can help me.
I have a Canon 6D Mark II camera with an external flash, and I'll be doing night club photography for approximately 5 hours. I'm wondering if one battery will be enough to last throughout the entire session, or should I consider having a backup battery?
Considering turn off all unnecessary feature also shut the LCD screen.

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite

It's always wise to have at least a second battery.   In addition to camera features, it will also depend as to what lens you're using.  Some lenses would be drawing more power.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

I agree with Ricky.  I always have a spare battery and a spare card with me.  I have a 6D2.  Even when I'm using GPS, I've taken a thousand shots with one battery.  However, this has not been continuous shooting, so bring a second battery to be safe.  With two batteries you will have no issues at all.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

A lot will depend on how you use the camera.  Always carry a spare battery.  If you turn off Image Previews.  Do not do a lot chimping.  You should be fine.

However, I would think you should be equally concerned, if not more, about the battery life in the flash.  BTW, you may not even be able to use the flash.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements