cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Mark IV won’t connect to iPhone

Kittilee
Apprentice

Hello! I have been connecting my Canon Mark 4 to my iPhone for years via its WiFi and all the sudden today it isn’t working. My phone is showing the network like always and when I tap it to connect it, it looks like it connects but when I wait a few seconds it says “No internet connection”. I deleted all the settings in my camera and started the whole WiFi connection process over again and it’s still doing the same thing. My camera recently was dropped a few feet onto a hard floor with seemingly no damage. But now I’m wondering if this could be damage? Or if there’s an unrelated problem?

Thanks for any help!

Kittilee

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

When was the last time you updated the camera's firmware. The 5D Mark IV is up to firmware version 1.4.0 now. Which will allow the camera to send images to Canon's cloud storage service. This also solves connectivity problems too.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

I did not even know updating my cameras firmware was a thing! How do you do that?

Canon has instructions on their website alongside the firmware update.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements