cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1100D won't show manually shot photos when connected to my pc

idanidan123
Enthusiast

I own the Canon 1100D, and so far I've taken photos in Landscape Mode. Recently, I take pictures using Manual Mode,and whenever I connect my camera to my pc, it won't show my photos unless I shot it using Landscape Mode. Even if I take 10 Manually shot pictures and then one photo using LS Mode, it will only show me that one photo. What can I do in this situation ?

Note: I'm not using the Protect Images feature.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Since you can see both the Landscape and Manual photos on the camera LCD and you feel they are properly exposed there is no reason they should both appear on the computer.

So, you need to give us as much specificity as possible about the computer setup. Windows or Mac. Which Windows 7, 8 or 10.

What software are you using to download the files from the camera via USB.

WHat software are you using to view the files.

For the "missing" images you can get the filename from the camera LCD. Try searching for that file name; from the example  use "-0032" and see if you can find them on computer.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

@idanidan123 wrote:

I own the Canon 1100D, and so far I've taken photos in Landscape Mode. Recently, I take pictures using Manual Mode,and whenever I connect my camera to my pc, it won't show my photos unless I shot it using Landscape Mode. Even if I take 10 Manually shot pictures and then one photo using LS Mode, it will only show me that one photo. What can I do in this situation ?

Note: I'm not using the Protect Images feature.

Do you see them if you look at the card through a card reader instead of through the camera? IOW, have you verified that the pictures are actually on the card?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Do you understand manual mode? If you're not close on your settings there won't be a photo, just an over or under exposed frame.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Yes, I understand it very well.

What do you mean ''at the card through a card reader'' ?

If you remove the card from the camera and put it in a card reader are the files on the card?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

If you remove the card from the camera and put it in a card reader are the files on the card?

Yeah.  Can you even play back and see the photos in the camera?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If you can see the photos on the camera's LCD but not on your computer they may be RAW & you haven't installed software to view the RAW files.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

They're not RAW, they're standard JPEG.

When you switch to "M" mode what are the camera settings. Shutter speed, aperture and ISO?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements