cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see photos on my EOS Rebel T1i's screen

NNG
Contributor

I have a Canon Rebel T1i and I know it is past the Canon service period. I just need to understand a message I am getting on the screen where I should see photos. When I tap the key meant to let me see either the oldest or newest photo, I get this message: "This function is not selectable in the current shooting mode."

I can take photos. I can download them and they are fine. The shooting mode is one that lets me ensure the flash won't operate. I tried changing memory cards, but that was pointless. I don't know if the display capability is dead or if I have done something wrong, accidentally used a nutty setting or something.

Can anyone translate, so to speak?

15 REPLIES 15

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Does live view function correctly or not.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

I presume by "live view," you mean my ability to see a photo right after I have taken the shot. The answer is yes.

Live view meaning to compose and take shots from the rear LCD screen. Live View only works in the Creative Zone ie (M, Av, Tv, P & A-DEP) modes. It does NOT work in Full Auto or any fully automated mode (Basic Zone). A half press of the shutter button DOES NOT work for AF. You Must use the "*" for AF to work. By default the image sensor will perform AF. Link to Manual 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

So yoiu see the image right after the shutter fires but not later on when you press the blue arrow key?

Screenshot 2023-05-08 195657.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That is correct. I have the manual, BTW, and I did look at the above page.

NNG
Contributor

In that case, I have no idea because I don't work in the creative zone.

As a test move the mode dial to "P" (Program) Mode to see if the LCD screen works. You can read up in the manual about Live View on Page 106. I provided the link for manual in my post. Canon has the manual on the website free of charge.Screenshot 2023-05-08 195533.png

-Demetrius

NNG
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to go off line for awhile now, but I will try this tonight.

NNG
Contributor

I checked the screen, as you suggested, after changing the mode to P. And I still have the problem. No viewing of photos. Too bad. (BTW, I still have the hard copy of my manual. I don't throw stuff away!!)

Announcements