cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you recommend the Canon EOS R10?

paipvora
Apprentice

The main thing I want to use this camera for is taking pictures at racing-events, like F1, MotoGP etc. My last camera, an 500D, died a few month ago. With a new camera in need anyway for events later this summer, I was searching for a model capable to take pictures in RAW-formats and to take more than 7/sec for short bursts. Are there better options out there for around 1k Euro? (Sorry for bad my bad grammar, not a native speaker)

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Budget in mind, I think the R50 or R10 might be good options in your case.  You're going to need one to two lenses in order to capture decent shots, and one with a little focal length unless you are in the pits right next to a car. Also there is no reason to buy another EF mount camera at this point, so mirrorless is a good choice.

What lenses do you own now?  Maybe they could be adapted. 

This is a great comparison between the two:

Canon R50 vs Canon R10 Detailed Comparison (cameradecision.com)

This image is from the 70's.  Long Beach.  Formula 5000, T332 Lola.  My family had this car and others for about 8 yrs.  Thought you'd like to see it.

shadowsports_0-1688566249908.png

This was my cousins car.  It hit 215mph in the quarter many times.

shadowsports_1-1688566918717.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements