cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you include flash settings into one of the C modes on a 5d mk 4?

Balphil
Apprentice

Can you include flash settings into one of the C modes? 

it is a canon flash

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

We have some flash experts. Not my wheelhouse.  Let me ping them and see who can help you.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

When I use my EX600 not every setting is made from the camera.  Most of the configuration settings are mode directly on the Speedlite itself.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Most settings can be changed on the with the speedlite mounted on a camera released from 2007-Present. Also if a speedlite is released from 2008- Present. Changes can be made from the camera via the speedlite control menu or the speedlite custom functions menu. Note Speedlite Personal Functions CAN NOT be changed from the camera ONLY from the speedlite. Speedlite Custom Functions can be changed via the Speedlite Custom Functions menu in the camera. Older speedlites released prior to 2008 DO NOT support the in camera flash menu. ALL settings must be changed from the speedlite itself. Note the 220EX, 380EX & 420EX have partial compatibility with the in camera flash menu to set rear curtain sync, Flash Exposure Compensation, Flash Firing & AF Assist Beam Firing. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements