cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn off AEB setting on Rebel T7

Cuffini
Apprentice

Hi, I got this new camera back in october. Since then I couldn't change the AEB setting which causes me trouble trying to get good lightning in my pictures, it's always too dark unless I'm pointing at the sun. Of course I've tried changing aperture and ISO but it's not a solution in most cases.

I've been shooting in TV mode which does allow me to change exposure but doesn't allow me to change aperture manually, which can also be a problem in some scenarios.

#rebelt7

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Note that Tv is shutter priority.  You pick the shutter and the camera will control the aperture and ISO.  If you want to control the aperture, look at using Av (aperture priority) mode instead.  Or Program (P), or Manual (M).

If you've been using certain features previously and they are no longer working, it is sometimes best to reset the camera back to factory defaults.  Perhaps you've set something that is interfering with things.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I assume that when you say “AEB” that you are referring to Automatic Exposure Bracketing.  I agree with Ricky.  You may want to use a different Creative Shooting Mode.

The choice of shooting mode will be determined by which leg of the exposure triangle you want teh camera to control to vary the exposure.  You can do this by specifying an ISO value, instead of leaving it in automatic.  If you do not know what value to use, set ISO to Auto and take a photo.  Use whatever ISO setting the camera selected, instead of leaving ISO in Auto.

Use Tv mode to allow the camera to bracket the exposure by changing the aperture.

Use Av mode to allow the camera to bracket the exposure by changing shutter speed.

Use M mode with ISO Auto to allow the camera to bracket the exposure by changing ISO.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you! I understand that. The problem is, again, I cannot disable the AEB (automatic exposure bracket) setting, which stops me from shooting Manual (I can't set exposure manually, therefore my pictures look too dark, or too grainy if I adjust ISO to compensate for the non-working exposure setting).

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... reset the camera back to factory defaults.  Perhaps you've set something that is interfering with things."

Good advice do it.

"I've been shooting in TV mode ... doesn't allow me to change aperture manually"

You have a misunderstanding on how Tv mode works. You have told the T7 you do not want to set the aperture so the T7 won't let you. As advised above if you want to set the aperture select Av mode.

"... the camera will control the aperture and ISO."

This is only if you selected Auto ISO. If you have a fixed ISO it won't happen.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements