cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get video off of card

J1mmer
Apprentice

I used a Scandisk Ultra Plus card to capture video. The video is on the card and I can watch it on the camera but can not get it off the card. I believe it is not the correct card for capturing video but still the video is there and I need it. There must be a way to get it into my editing software. Any Ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, J1mmer!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

The camera is a Canon t7i about one year old.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What have you tried to get it off the card? Have you tried a card reader?

What camera?

I've tried my standard method - an external card reader. Also tried usb and hdmi but did not work - maybe I need to turn on a port? The thing is, I am fairly certain it is the file type on the card and that perhaps it was not a card that could handle video. 

And what computer are you using.

I'm using the same computer that always works with the same camera that always works ... but not this new card. In fact, I've uploaded photos recently with a different card and it works fine. It's the card, I just need to know if anyone has had this problem before and what the work-around is.

Greetings,

Is your Scandisk Ultra Plus a micro SD card with adapter or full size?

In addition to kvbarkley's questions, we need to know the results?

Telling is us you "tried" doesn't tell us what happened?

What you did, what happened when you did it?

Received an error message, etc.

Please describe the environment, OS type, software you are using and the steps you are performing, then what happens, results > error message, what fails happens, etc?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

If your SD card actually says "Scandisk" on it instead of Sandisk it may turn out to be a counterfeit card.

Announcements