cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't copy images from camera to computer

hayley3
Apprentice

I have a Canon T5.

Today I tried to copy images over to my pc.  I may have changed to Windows 10 since the last time I did photos.

Anyway, when I try to copy the pictures..it says "Waiting....Canon EOS Rebel T5 is busy"

Any advice appreciated!

Cheryl

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you have an SD card reader on your computer? If so, try copying directly from that. If you can it will separate out if the issue is the computer and new operating system or the camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, yes I have an SD card reader.

Finally  I installed the Canon EOS utility software and I was able to copy from that to my pc.

After your suggestion, I put the SD card in the reader and was able to copy from that also.  I put the SD card back in camera and it doesn't work...so it's the camera.  But it's odd, it's saying busy.

If you can copy using EOS Utility from camera to computer then maybe the issue is the Devcie Stage in Windows 10 and you need to configure AutoPlay. Maybe this will help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-pictures-camera-computer#1TC=windows-7

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I don't see anything odd about a busy message.  If I understood your post correctly, you're getting this message when you do not use the EOS Utility software, which is what you should use to access the camera. 

Using Windows to directly access the memory card in the camera as if it were a thumb drive, is not the intended way to access the memory card when it is in the camera.  I think the "busy" message is just another way of saying that the files are "open" or "in use" by the software driver.

File access to the camera's memory card should be performed through the software driver, not by bypassing it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements