cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use hdmi to connect to external monitor

HowardLane
Contributor

Can I use the HDMI port to connect to an external monitor during video shooting with my EOS 7D? Also, can that monitor be a HD 1920 X 1080 computer monitor? I would need to get a mini HDMI to DVI cable, but want to make sure it wouldn't harm the camera before trying.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello HowardLane,

Yes, you would certainly be able to use the HDMI output from the EOS 7D to connect to an external monitor.  While a studio monitor is typically used, due to their color accuracy and calibration qualities, any monitor with an HDMI terminal input would work.  This will not harm the camera.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello HowardLane,

Yes, you would certainly be able to use the HDMI output from the EOS 7D to connect to an external monitor.  While a studio monitor is typically used, due to their color accuracy and calibration qualities, any monitor with an HDMI terminal input would work.  This will not harm the camera.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Is there any special setting when using external monitor with HDMI ?

Thank you

Not on the camera, the switchover is automatic. You might have to set the input on the monitor, though.

Thank you!

Announcements