cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera saying busy and taking blurry photo

Morgan_eli
Apprentice

Hello, I have an EOS M50 and when I try to take a relatively close image (Ex. Self portrait) the screen goes black and there is a 2-5 second delay and the screen says “busy”. Then the photo comes back blurry. However when I take a regular photo there seems to be no issue. I have tried everything (Defaulting to factory settings, removing the lense, removing the battery, switching SD card). Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Your lens has a minimum focusing distance, so check that in the specs for the lens.  If you are closer than that distance, the camera will 'hunt', seeking focus and if it cannot do so it may not take the shot at all, or very blurry results.  This can also occur if the lighting is very flat and the camera cannot find much contrast.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What is the ISO. f/number, and shutter speed of the blurry photos?  What lens are you using?

Try to take a selfie outdoors in the sunlight.  It sounds like your shutter speed could be really slow because you are shooting in a low light situation, at least low light for the camera.  This would account for the blurry photos.

Your ISO could be really height, too.  Which could account for the couple of seconds of delay as the camera performs “high ISO noise reduction” on the final image.  Again, take a test shot outdoors in the sunshine.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements