cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera replacement

lake46725
Apprentice

I need to replace 2 Rebel xsi camera and have been told to go with the T5i. Will my old lenses work?

4 REPLIES 4

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Yes they will work just fine.

Which lenses do you have? It might be worth getting one of the new STM lenses that come as a Kit with the T5i.  The lens price is always very good when bought as part of a kit.

Mike Sowsun

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Incidentally there is now a T6i and T6s -- those are the latest offerings in the Rebel line.  While most of the new Rebel offerings provided some incremental increase in functionality, the T6i/T6s bodies offers a fairly big set of improvements (the largest we've seen in several years.)

You may want to consider one of those newer models.

All Canon Rebel series bodies will be able ot use the same set of lenses that your Rebel XSi used.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

@TCampbell wrote:

Incidentally there is now a T6i and T6s -- those are the latest offerings in the Rebel line.  While most of the new Rebel offerings provided some incremental increase in functionality, the T6i/T6s bodies offers a fairly big set of improvements (the largest we've seen in several years.) 

Still no autofocus microadjustment, however. (At least I didn't find it when I looked.) So the lenses most likely to need it are the ones most likely to be used on the cameras that don't have it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Certainly check out the T6i.  Smiley Happy       Any lens you have that worled on the XSi will work fine on the T6i.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements