cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera connect to download videos

Court0706
Apprentice
Hi!
When I record videos I am unable to transfer them to my iPhone through camera connect. this is my firstDSLR and I could be doing something wrong. I wanted to know if there's any way to down load the videos through camera connect. If that is not possible, how do I improve the quality of the video when I email it to my self from my laptop. When it comes over it looks all grainy and gross. Any tips would be appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12

Crista
Whiz

Hi Court0706! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what camera model you own. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Court0706
Apprentice
Oh sorry! Haha I have a canon eos rebel t6

Have you tried downloading with a card reader?

Court0706
Apprentice
That's how I get it to the laptop. But when I send it to my phone it's all blurry.

It's probably sending a compressed file via email.  You can get an inexpensive card reader for your phone that will allow full resolution downloads.  I use an Apple SD to Lightning reader for my iPhone and it works fine.

Also note that the default resolution for the Canon app is not full resolution.  The resolution can be set from within the app.

Benji
Apprentice
I am having the same exact problem

jarrelhazel27
Apprentice
so you can’t transfer videos unless you have a computer ?

Ahprinc3ss
Apprentice
Me too I have he same problem. It can transfer the photos but not the videos

Look at the resolution and file size for a given video clip as shot, say maybe something 5 minutes long or so. Now look at the same file after it has been transferred to your phone and compare its resolution and file size. This will tell you if the software is compressing the file to make it easier to copy to your phone and more suitable for display on your phone's screen. The smaller compressed file should still look pretty good on your phone though its quality will likely suffer if the same file were played on your monitor or an HD TV.

Compared to still image files, video files are humongous. I don't think a lot wireless hardware or software is really designed to handle these huge files as efficiently as a batch of smaller still image files. So to avoid the bottlenecks and slowdowns the video files get reduced in quality and file size, or with some devices they may not even attempt to transfer them at all.

Announcements