cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Mode Dial Doesn't Recognize Modes Other Than "P"

gazelle
Apprentice

The condo building in which I lived had a massive fire, and my unit was adversely impacted. Most of my camera equipment was either damaged beyond repair or unrecoverable due to fire or water damage. My 5D Mark II survived but currently only shoots in one mode "P", which is a bit annoying since my shooting preference is either "M" or "Av". The shooting mode dial turns, but the shooting modes don't change to reflect the setting on which the dial is set. 

My guess is that moisture might play a role here, but I can't say for sure. The pictures I take are still high quality, but I've lost the ability to "control my shooting world". Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Use the insurance to replace the camera.

"My 5D Mark II survived but currently only shoots in one mode "P"

>>> Only shoots in P mode means It didn't "survive"

Follow KVbarkley's advice.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@gazelle wrote:

The condo building in which I lived had a massive fire, and my unit was adversely impacted. Most of my camera equipment was either damaged beyond repair or unrecoverable due to fire or water damage. My 5D Mark II survived but currently only shoots in one mode "P", which is a bit annoying since my shooting preference is either "M" or "Av". The shooting mode dial turns, but the shooting modes don't change to reflect the setting on which the dial is set. 

My guess is that moisture might play a role here, but I can't say for sure. The pictures I take are still high quality, but I've lost the ability to "control my shooting world". Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks. 

B&H has the 5D Mark IV for $2000.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

""My 5D Mark II survived but currently only shoots in one mode "P""

Time for a Mk IV.  I doubt you will have P mode for very long on your "survivor".  At the very least you can not trust it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements