cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON RP touch screen doesn't work

OlgaK
Apprentice

Hey everyone!

I bought a new CANON RP camera last year and haven't used it much - maybe a 1000 photos max. Last week I was shooting as usual, with touch screen in open position. Suddenly, it went black. At the same time, I was still able to take pictures with a touch, since this function is activated. If I close the lid of the touch screen, I am able to see the picture through view finder. Charging battery didn't help. Is there anything I can do beside sending it for repairing? 

2 REPLIES 2

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, Olga, and welcome to the forum!

Please make sure that your LCD didn't accidentally get disabled. You can go to the Wrench 4 menu option "Display settings" and make sure it's not set to "Manual" with the screen disabled. See page 349 in the advanced users manual for the RP.

If everything in that menu is in order, you may need to contact Canon Support.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Another thing to try would be pressing the Info button. It toggles through various screens, one of which is blank. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this as part of my original reply... Old age I guess 🙂

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements