cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner looking for some camera selection advice.

kristeelee
Apprentice

Hello all,

My apologies if this question is redundant, I was just hoping to utilize the wealth of knowledge on these forums to point me in the right direction.

I am looking to invest in a camera, specifically for content creation (a shocker I know, but hey it's 2024). My husband is a chef and we would like to begin photographing his creations for use online (Instagram & blog), as well as potentially in print (self-published recipe book) and maybe along the way, some video content for Instagram reels and TikTok. So I guess we are looking for:

- landscape/portrait professional quality photos of food (home kitchen with not the best natural light)

- portrait vlogging capabilities

- budget around $1,000 but this is flexible. I dont want to waste $1,000 if I will need to upgrade in the near future. I would rather invest more now knowing that it will serve me for a decent amount of time.

Another note is that I have a spinal cord injury and use a wheelchair, so I cannot stand and have no use of my core. I have owned a Nikon DSLR in the past and managed it quite well but its obviously not very easy for me to capture things at different heights or angles as I am shooting from my chair. So I guess I would just like to make sure that the camera I choose is compatible with a range of accessories that I could access to help improve the ways in which I am able to use the camera - tripods, gimbals etc. 

Again, Im sorry if this is such a redundant question, I just dont want a salesperson to talk me into something that is better for them than me, I wanted some advice I could trust!

Thank you all so much.

Kristee

2 REPLIES 2

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Kristee,

This isn't a recommendation as much as it is a suggestion. You might look at the Canon R10 with a Content Creator kit. You can check it out here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/eos-r10-content-creator-kit?color=Black&type=Kit

Steve Thomas

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is weight a concern?

Video?

You can get a remote monitor, shutter release and monopod to change angles and heights while still seeing the image. You can also use the Phone App to see the image and take it.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements