cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6d lens?

heathert
Apprentice

I just got the 6d. What is a great all around lens to begin shooting with?

16 REPLIES 16

@wrk4no1 wrote:

Go to amazon and search "canon white box" it will bring up the EF 24-105mm f4 kit lens price is reasonable I think. Hope that helps

It probably won't help the OP. She posed the question almost a year ago.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

canon10
Apprentice

I also have a canon 6d and have the 24-105mmL4usm lens. It is a good walk around lens.

"... have the 24-105mmL4usm lens..."

Great lens!  It is the 'best buy' in the "L" category.  It made me a money for years. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@canon10 wrote:

I also have a canon 6d and have the 24-105mmL4usm lens. It is a good walk around lens.

Indeed. Almost everybody with a 5D or 6D has the 24-105. It's the obvious walker for a full-frame Canon. I bought mine as the kit lens on my second 7D, on which it functioned as a good moderate-range telephoto, But the real reason I wanted it was that I'd already have it when I eventually went FF.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

that was smart. Great lens.

blanca12
Contributor

If you bought the camera new you kind of missed the boat not getting the 24-105 as an included kit lens. Do not pay full price at this point. As stated above, go for one of the "white box" deals, where someone did buy the lens as a kit lens with a camera, and is splitting up the kit. You can still get the lens for around $700 that way.

ChrisPBacon
Enthusiast

What you use your camera for is likely to be much different than me, but I’m happy to share with you my preferences.’

My partner and I use two lenses regularly, the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM for everything from landscape to bird photos, and the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM for portraits to architecture shots.  These are generally our “walk-around” lenses we go out with, though she loves flowers and uses her EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM as a third lens she usually carries with her when we go on walk-about.  We both carry the Extender EF 1.4x III and Extender EF 2x III.

I hope this helps.

Chris P. Bacon
F-1; AE-1; EOS 1V, EOS-1D X Mark III, 5D Mk IV, 6D, 6D Mk II, 7D, and 7D Mk II; scads of Canon, Zeiss, and Sigma lenses.
Announcements