cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D mark ii not communicating with flash trigger

Voltoio
Apprentice

I haven't used my equipment in about a month and a half. went to start it up to shoot and found my canon will not flash my godox strobes. Im using the Xproc trigger, which clicking the flash button manually on the xproc it will trigger them. but when attaching to the hotshoe and shooting, nothing comes out of it. 

Im wondering if the issue is with the connecters so I cleaned them both but it still will not work, is the issue possibly with the canon hot shoe ? it docent seem to be loose at all or damaged.

I don't know how else to check to see, maybe go to adorama or b&h to see if their home shoe strobes will tigger, at least that will let me know if its the camera or not. 

Any help is appreciated !!

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Are you using Live View by any chance 3rd Party flash units will NOT fire. Do you have access to a Canon speedlite to see if it will fire at all.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

im not using live view, I should've specified previously. my bad. I dont have access to a speed light sadly. my option would be to go in store and see if it works 

If you know someone with a Canon speedlite you could borrow theirs's to see if the flash fires. Make sure Flash firing is NOT DISABLED in the camera menu. What mode are you shooting in. In some modes the camera WILL NOT fire the flash. This is in the Basic Zone ie (A+, Sports, ECT).

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements