cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D gave me really blurry photos?

Sophós
Apprentice

Hello everyone.

I'm posting here hoping to find someone who can help me.

I recently got a 6D mark 2 to shoot my videos and it was all fine. Last night I was asked to take some photos during a meeting but I immediatly saw the lack of quality in all of them. I can't explain this absence of details even in the darkest enviroment or with the slowest shutter...

IMG_7790b.jpg

141 REPLIES 141

AndreaW
Enthusiast
Ignacio, I could not have said it any better, thank you!! I am a professional photographer (www.AndreaWattsPhotography.com) and really was hoping for some answers on this Canon 6D Mark II. Instead, I was also treated like I did not understand depth of field. I think it would have been better for those individuals who did not quite understand the issue to withhold their comments. I feel better. 🙂

AndreaW
Enthusiast
Ignacio, the bottom line is that they don’t know the answer to our issue and for some reason just cannot accept it. I think because it does not make sense to them either. (It’s definitely a weird problem. One that I have never experienced before.)

I would love for Canon to address the issue because we cannot be the only ones who are experiencing this problem with the 6D Mark II.

@AndreaW wrote:
Ignacio, the bottom line is that they don’t know the answer to our issue and for some reason just cannot accept it. I think because it does not make sense to them either. (It’s definitely a weird problem. One that I have never experienced before.)

I would love for Canon to address the issue because we cannot be the only ones who are experiencing this problem with the 6D Mark II.

Just so you know, this is an end user supported forum, not an official Canon support site. You can call Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON and chat with them. Perhaps sending your camera in for service will correct your problem. 

I will try to assist because as an engineer I like to problem solve. 

Can one, or both, of you post a RAW file in a Dropbox or OneDrive folder so I can see the files on my computer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Exposure information is 1/15 of a second and aperture is 2.8. using a canon 600 ex rt.

But.. i dont think you are seeing what i mean. It doesnt matter if the image is bluried, or the subjets are moving, or is in focus or not, what im talking about is that this camera sometimes in the areas that are out of focus, that non-focus is very oddly rendered. Therefore i gave the example of the guys hair. no out of focus or moved hair looks like that. 

Ive had this problems with photos at 1/100th of a second even in 2.8, even in 4.0, even in 5.6.

But this was never the case on other cameras while using the same lens / settings.

John, i will soon upload a RAW file showing this problem. Tomorrow i have a wedding and i will take the camera as my second body so i can prove what i mean.

Thanks again for taking the time to read

@IgnacioSottano wrote:

Exposure information is 1/15 of a second and aperture is 2.8. using a canon 600 ex rt.

But.. i dont think you are seeing what i mean. It doesnt matter if the image is bluried, or the subjets are moving, or is in focus or not, what im talking about is that this camera sometimes in the areas that are out of focus, that non-focus is very oddly rendered. Therefore i gave the example of the guys hair. no out of focus or moved hair looks like that. 

Ive had this problems with photos at 1/100th of a second even in 2.8, even in 4.0, even in 5.6.

But this was never the case on other cameras while using the same lens / settings.

John, i will soon upload a RAW file showing this problem. Tomorrow i have a wedding and i will take the camera as my second body so i can prove what i mean.

Thanks again for taking the time to read

Ditto, to you, too.  Your complaints have lacked merit, facts, and substance.  Finally, after several posts you post actual facts.  Your shutter is way to slow, IMHO.  Your shutter speed determines the amount of ambient light, while the flash exposes the subjects.  Judging from the environment, your photos could be suffering from the effects of light flicker.

As for your sample,it is not a keeper if you do not like it.  You should have taken more than one shot.  As for your sample shots of this wedding, post samples taken outdoors in the sunlight.  I am not asking for wedding photos.  I am asking you to demonstrate the issue in photos taken in sunlight without a flash or articficial lighting.  If not, wait for a sunny day and take some sample photos. I could care less about your wedding photos.

Just the facts, please.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

AndreaW
Enthusiast
John,

I appreciate you taking a stab at this. There was a guy who posted this same issue about a year ago and he provided one of his photos.

Unfortunately, I have no picture to post with this issue as an example because I deleted all of the photos that have the bad effects in them. The issue that Ignacio and I are experiencing with the 6D Mark II is that the areas in an image that are out of focus look like a watercolor. In other words, those out of focus areas are beyond out of focus. Sometimes those areas just have a splash of color where you can’t even guess the image. Please understand we are not questioning WHY a particular area is out of focus. We both have a full understanding of depth of field. 🙂 We are questioning why the out of focus area has been reduced to just a blotch of color, hence the “watercolor” appearance.

@AndreaW wrote:
John,

I appreciate you taking a stab at this. There was a guy who posted this same issue about a year ago and he provided one of his photos.

Unfortunately, I have no picture to post with this issue as an example because I deleted all of the photos that have the bad effects in them. The issue that Ignacio and I are experiencing with the 6D Mark II is that the areas in an image that are out of focus look like a watercolor. In other words, those out of focus areas are beyond out of focus. Sometimes those areas just have a splash of color where you can’t even guess the image. Please understand we are not questioning WHY a particular area is out of focus. We both have a full understanding of depth of field. 🙂 We are questioning why the out of focus area has been reduced to just a blotch of color, hence the “watercolor” appearance.

Like I said, your complaints and descriptions are totally meaningless without FACTS, samples, and supporting data.  If you think no one understands your issue, then you would be correct.  I wonder why.

It has been suggested to you to let Canon check your cameras.  You have been requested for samples and EXIF data.  You have done none of the above, choosing to continue to complain, instead.  Your opinions are NOT facts.  You have no supporting data or documentation to support your complaints, at all.

AndreaW
Enthusiast
Waddizzle, you are incorrect because I did reach out to Canon about this issue. They could not explain it and saw nothing wrong with the camera. Even more frustrating. In the meantime, since you are unable to offer any productive suggestions, instead of being insulting, please do not feel compelled to respond to us.

Ignacio, guaranteed with this guy, as soon as you post a picture all he is going to do is explain depth of field to you. That is all anyone has been able to do because they have never seen this problem before. It is a strange phenomenon. 🙂

@AndreaW wrote:
Waddizzle, you are incorrect because I did reach out to Canon about this issue. They could not explain it and saw nothing wrong with the camera. Even more frustrating. In the meantime, since you are unable to offer any productive suggestions, instead of being insulting, please do not feel compelled to respond to us.

Ignacio, guaranteed with this guy, as soon as you post a picture all he is going to do is explain depth of field to you. That is all anyone has been able to do because they have never seen this problem before. It is a strange phenomenon. 🙂

No one has ever seen the problem, except for you.  You cannot demonstrate it.  You have no facts.  I do not believe that you actually sent you camera to Canon to be checked, either.  You ask for "productive suggestion".  We ask for a demonstration of the problem.  You have nothing, except to say that you deleted everything.  

I wish you would post a photo and make fools out of all of us.  But, you can't, can you?  You still have your camera.  You're still taking photos.  What is the problem?  "Where's the beef?"  "Show me the money."  Please, prove all of us wrong.  You have had sufficient time to do so, and failed to produce anything of substance to support your claims.  Demonstrate what the problem is.  Your words and opinions are meaningless.  "Just the facts, ma'am/"

AndreaW
Enthusiast
Ignacio has a photo posted earlier in this chain. And, wrong again, I do not use the camera because I cannot trust it on shoots. I have two cameras.
Announcements