cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D + EOS app.. image review.. I Need Help!

Rifz
Apprentice

Is there some way to use the EOS app to display that latest photo taken full screen for review on my android nexus 7 II?  I just want to take a photo with my 6D and then look at my tablet and see if it's sharp etc... 

I connect fine and pick "Camera Image viewing", then I can see thumbnails of the photos on my camera, I can click one to view if full screen, but if I then take a new photo I can not see it by just sliding (the way I can swipe through the exsisting photos)  i have to press the little thumbnail icon AND only then the new photo thumbnail shows up,, and I can click it and see it full screen.  is there a setting to have new photos automatically displayed?

Also do I need to shoot in RAW + Jpeg for faster transfers, and will will the jpeg quality setting affect what is sent to the tablet? 

1 REPLY 1

heyjp
Enthusiast

Hi Rifz,

I use an iPhone and iPad, but I think the software is pretty much identical.  I'm not aware of any shortcut to automatically view the latest snap full screen.  You have to hit home and tap the top thumbnail to download then view it.

And, as far as I know, whether you are in JPEG, RAW or RAW+JPEG, the mobile app always downloads a reduced resolution JPEG of the image, (even in RAW-only mode).  The RAW image is never transferred to the mobile device, neither is a full resolution image).

I also would bet the JPEG quality does not matter as the image that is transmitted is reduced resolution and probably compressed a fair bit.  The idea is a quick transfer that is "emailable", or suitable for quick-print.  But not one to send in for a competition!  😉

Jim in Boulder

Announcements