cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV - shutter speed won't go below 1"

77LTD
Apprentice

I have a 5D Mark 4, firmware 1.2.1. Can someone help me with this please. For some reason, I cannot dial my shutter speed lower than 1 second. It doesn't matter if I am in Tv mode, full manual... shutter speed won't let me go below 1".  What have I inadvertantly done?

This is a first for me. I don't recall recently making any setting changes, it does this with any lens. I haven't used my 5D in a couple months - been using my EOS R. But the last time I had it out no problems. I already reset the camera settings and cleared all the custom settings. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

77LTD
Apprentice

Solved! I must have fat-fingered a setting in the dark without my glasses on. On the orange menu page 2... shutter speed range was set to 1 second for lowest speed. How the heck I did that, I do not know. I went back in, set it back to 30 seconds... good to go.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

77LTD
Apprentice

Solved! I must have fat-fingered a setting in the dark without my glasses on. On the orange menu page 2... shutter speed range was set to 1 second for lowest speed. How the heck I did that, I do not know. I went back in, set it back to 30 seconds... good to go.

Thank you so much for this!! You solved my problem for me as well! 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements