cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark 1 Value and Shutter Count

JasonR
Contributor

I have an original 5D Mark 1 in excellent if not mint condition. Through the Canon trade in program about how much could I expect to recieve for my camera? Also, is there a way I can get the shutter count without sending in my camera to the Canon factory?

6 REPLIES 6

Peter
Authority
Authority
SPT has a shutter count but it will cost you $99. Worth it? No.

SPT? What is this?

Peter
Authority
Authority
Software for companies that repair Canon cameras.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I have an original 5D Mark 1 in excellent if not mint condition."

I am not sure the condition makes a great deal of difference.  Canon doesn't resell "loyalty" trade-ins. If your 5D is in such great shape, I would keep it and use it. If you feel you need a newer model try to sell it yourself. I would venture a guess of worth at $200 to $300.

Forget shutter count, just use it. A camera with 3 shutter clicks can fail on number 4. And, a camera with 50,000 clicks can go another 50, 000.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks, I just recently got this 5D with a Canon 50mm Mark 2 lens, battery/charger and a 64gb CF Card for $80. I got a steal on it. I was trying to figure out how to get shutter count on it and while speaking to the Canon rep he mentioned I could trade it in for a new one at a discounted price. I am incredibly happy with it and plan on using it for many years to come.

I doubt Canon will give you any more than an $80 discount on a new or refurb camera. Just use it, it is as good today as it ever was and at one time it was the best camera made.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements